You don’t need to pay a professional to give you the perfect pedicure. Follow these 10 simple steps to give yourself the perfect feet this ‘summer’
1. Buff feet when dry, not wet, to shift dead skin. Use a sturdy foot file and focus on the heel, balls of the feet, and edges of the toes.
2. Fill a bowl with warm water, and fill with a reviving foot soak which helps strenghen and whiten nails. Soak for feet for approximately 10 minutes. For a blissful DIY foot massage see if you can get some marbles (or marble sized) balls to palce under your feet and roll your feet backwards andorwards
3. Massge feet briskly with a foot scrub to getrid of the last dregs of skin, then rinse.
4. Dry your feet and gently ease back your cuticles with a cuticle stick
5. Cut your nails straight across with nail clippers. Make lots of little cuts, rather than one long one, otherwise you might snap your nail.#
6. Use a nail file to gently round the edges of your toenails so they don’t snag your tights
7. Massage your feet with a rich foot lotion
8. (only if you have time…) apply foot lotion before bed time, wrap them in cling film, and then add socks and hop into bed. Dream some lovely dreams, and when you wake up you’ll have dreamy soft toes.
9. If you would like- add some colour- apply a base coat, 2 layers of polish and a high shine top coat
10. If you don’t want the colour, for a low maintenance finish add a coat of stain corrector which instantly brightens your nail tip and makes the nail bed pink and prettier.
And, once you have the perfect toes, maybe it’s time to treat yourself to some perfect sandals to show them off. Take a look at our sandals here